ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to restore >100 DB to another server ????

2008-07-02 08:47:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to restore >100 DB to another server ????
From: "Nielsen, Bo" <Bo.Nielsen AT COOP DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:46:56 +0200
Hello,

I want to restore more than 100 DB's to a another server.

And I don't want to define all the new DATA and LOG files, before
restoring.

I have found this command: tdpsqlc res ApplinX full
/Fromsqlserver=cdkalb008 /to="F:\MSSQL$DEMO3\Data\" /relocate /create

I get this error msg.: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Device activation error. The phyical file name
'F:\MSSQL\DATA\ApplinX_Data.MDF' may be incorrect.

It is not the path that I want to restore to.

So is there a command to do the restore?

        aOaRegards
        Bo Nielsen
               * +45 4386 4671
        Coop  IT                      * (Internt postcenter): 6244
        Data & Storage Center * mailto:bo.nielsen AT coop DOT dk
Remember, a dead fish can float downstream,
But it takes a live one to svim upstream. - W.C. Fields.