ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Disk pools on EMC issue

2008-06-30 16:11:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Disk pools on EMC issue
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:10:35 -0400
Same here,
We only recently isolated our Clariion problems to this.  We would have
random days where the HBA's just logged out of the Clariion and would not
connect at all, no matter what we did.  We had to reboot these P570s
multiple times (not pleasant!) until I took a wild guess to turn off
SANDISCOVERY.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
06/30/2008 11:24 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Disk pools on EMC issue

I had a client that was trying to connect a CX700 to their AIX TSM system.
What they say is that the SANDISCOVER was causing problems and IBM
suggested
they disable it in the DSMSERV.OPT. Been working ever since. I wasn't
involved in the issue, this is just what they told me they found out. But
you might want to give it a try.

Bill Boyer

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.