ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Disk pools on EMC issue

2008-06-30 08:47:46
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Disk pools on EMC issue
From: Jacques Van Den Berg <jvandenberg AT PNP.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:46:28 +0200
Hello,

I have an interesting issue where when trying to startup TSM, the EMC
storage path's change status to dead.

Environment:

TSM sever using purely for IBM Commonstore for SAP archiving.

TSM database & log files on EMC Clarion Storage - mirrored across LUN'
on EMC.

2TB of disk pools spread across 4 X 500GB LUN's on EMC storage.

My question: Is there a way a can tell TSM not to "VARY-ON" my disk pool
volumes during startup so that I can vary-on them manually once TSM is
up? I think that TSM is trying so hard to vary-on these volumes that the
EMC path timeout.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Regards,

Jacques van den Berg
TSM / Storage / SAP Basis Administrator
Pick 'n Pay IT
Email   : jvandenberg AT pnp.co DOT za <mailto:jvandenberg AT pnp.co DOT za>
Tel      : +2721 - 658 1711
Fax     : +2721 - 658 1676
Mobile  : +2782 - 653 8164

Dis altyd lente in die hart van die mens wat God
en sy medemens liefhet (John Vianney).

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security AT pnp.co DOT za