ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Different db2 retention periods

2008-06-27 04:56:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Different db2 retention periods
From: "Herrmann, Boris" <Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:55:29 +0200
Hi Wanda,

thanks for your answer.

>Use multiple nodenames, e.g:
>DB2client
>DB2client-monthly
>DB2client-yearly
>Then they can use different management classes with different
retentionvalues.

But that is exactly my problem. TSM doesn't control the backup versions
via tsm management classes. There is only a "db2adutl" tool to control
the TSM Backup versions. With that tool you can do:

db2adutl delete full older than <x> days
or
db2adutl delete full keep <n> (means to keep the last n versions)

With both options I can't fulfill the requirements.
How do other handle this issue? (One thought of me was to EXPORT the TSM
Node to tape, or to dump the db2 backup to a file and then backup up
this file with tsm and use different management classes).

Any ideas or thought are appreciated.

With kind regards,
Boris