ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM p 520 vs. p 570

2008-06-23 10:22:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM p 520 vs. p 570
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:21:16 -0400
Nancy,

We are just beginning to think about replacing the older of our two TSM
servers.  I am thinking that a p6 570 may be overkill, but we are looking
at a p6 550 as it has a bit more head room than the 520 (in case we need it).

..Paul

At 06:21 PM 6/16/2008, Nancy R. Brizuela wrote:
I'm sorry--I forgot to add some additional information.  Our p-570 has
four 1.9GHz CPU's (Power 5+) vs. two 4.2 GHz CPU's (Power 6) for the
p-520.

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521