ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM p 520 vs. p 570

2008-06-16 22:43:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM p 520 vs. p 570
From: "Lamb, Charles P." <cplamb AT NPPD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:04:46 -0500
Nancy....

Have you looked at a couple of IBM 9133-55A (Power 5+)?? We have about
2.5TB of change data per day using an IBM 3584-L32 w/3-D32s, fourteen
LTO3 tape drives, 1600 LTO3 tapes and about 130TB of data on-site and
130TB of data off-site.  200GB DB size and 3.5TB of disk cache on IBM
DS4800 15K RPM w/IBM SVC system using RAID-5 configuration.

BTW, we always view TSM performance as being sensitive to disk speed and
a lot of memory.

My two cents>>>>>