ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ALMS activation on productive shared TS3500 library

2008-06-13 03:56:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ALMS activation on productive shared TS3500 library
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:55:19 +0200
Pierre,

Many thanks for your valuable help : I tried to open a call by IBM Switzerland
and they could not provide me half of the information you gave me ... Seems
that this kind of operation is not that usual here !

Regarding what you asked in point 1 : yes, no other way to do, as the library
has to be completely isolated from any other TSM server, but also because it
will be used for non-TSM applications ...

Yet, another question if you don't mind : If I keep the same drives layout in
the new logical libraries, than the one previously defined for the partitioned
library, will it be necessary to redefine the existing drives paths on TSM
servers ? I don't think so, as the real drive ID's are anyway "hidden" by the
library, but I just wanted to make this sure ...

Apart from this, your explanations are crystal clear and will be of much help :
thanks again !

Best regards.

A. Brion

P.S : yes I do speak French : I'm one of the happy few french guys crossing the
Swiss border on a daily basis to go to work ;-)

Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone: +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com