ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Best practice for Policy Domains

2008-06-05 16:41:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] Best practice for Policy Domains
From: EVILUTION <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:40:25 -0400
Hmmm I'm not sure about that.....

I have only a standard active domain.  I do have serveral mgmt classes for
various types of data and various retention requiresments.....

A default for 99% of the nodes..... then Exchange, SQl, 7_year, 1_year, and
even a No_Limit.

A simple select statement will tell you which nodes are using other than the
default managment class.  I would hope that the TSM admin would know the
function of a server prior to assigning it a policy domain so the same would go
for a managment class.  In most cases we assign managment class via the opt
file.  The exchange TDP data goes to a special MGMT class, the SQL dump are
assigned a special MGMT, but the system drives for both are using the default.

I don't see the shortcoming of the management class.