ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Best practice for Policy Domains

2008-06-05 16:11:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Best practice for Policy Domains
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:09:55 -0500
By using the Policy Domain as a retention bucket the TSM Admins are able
to have a better control of what each clients data actually is retained
for.  By using the management classes we can only find out on the actual
clients...which we do not always (and in some cases due to the nature of
the data... never have access to).  That would be the biggest pro for
us...higher level control.

EVILUTION <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
06/05/2008 02:53 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Best practice for Policy Domains

Why not use the managment class to set retention?