ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VMware and TSM Backup - Survey

2008-06-01 16:50:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VMware and TSM Backup - Survey
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:48:51 +0200
Kelly Lipp wrote:
1. $100 in the mail.
2. My reasons were actually quite different than that: We've encountered
a number of folks while working with IBM reps that have all sorts of
strange and wondrous thoughts/understanding of VCB.  We are trying to
understand the intersection of TSM and VMware users.  Is there anything
there?
3. There might be a better way, but I doubt it.

I didn't know we sold anything in that field but, on our small VMware
server environment, I just suspend the VM's for a second, take a LVM2
snapshot of the volume and resume the vm's. Copyfreq is one week. For
more volatile data, we use a tsm client in the vm with a very strict
inclexcl ruleset.

For those of you perhaps inclined, I'm still interested in the
information.  It can also be helpful to our main sponsor, TSM
development.  With luck, they will continue to enhance TSM with respect
to VMware...

If I had any, my feelings might be hurt!

Kelly Lipp
CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive