ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP=DISKCACHEMETHOD cache not cleaning itself up

2008-05-30 15:03:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP=DISKCACHEMETHOD cache not cleaning itself up
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 15:02:12 -0400
Tsm 5.5.0.0 on W2K3

I'm using MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP=DISKCACHEMETHOD on one server with tens
of millions of files, but I have noticed that the .tsmcachedir directory
doesn't clean itself up everytime (I presume when the backup fails,
which is not infrequent).  Since the TsmCache_99999.tsmD files run in
the dozens of gb, this becomes a problem.

Has anyone else seen this, and is there an easy fix, short of scripting
a cleanup command?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub

Systems Engineer, Windows

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

423-535-6574 (desk)

423-785-7347 (mobile)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm