ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS5280E Object enumeration from a file set or file list failed

2008-05-30 08:57:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS5280E Object enumeration from a file set or file list failed
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:55:34 -0400
Lisa, Richard thanks!

Lisa,

I took a look at the dsm.opt file (below), How can I tell if it is using
VSS to backup system state objects?

LANG AMENG
DOMAIN    ALL-LOCAL
TCPSERVERADDRESS xxxxx.xxx.xxxx
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPCLIENTADDRESS xx.xx.xx.xx
NODENAME ScJ170
subdir yes
replace prompt
tcpb 32
tcpw 63
SCHEDMODE    PROMPTED
txnbytelimit 25600
errorlogname c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmerror.log
SCHEDlogname c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log
errorlogretention 14
schedlogretention 7
tcpnodelay yes
resourceutilization  3
LARGECOMMbuffers  yes
CHANGINGRETRIES    2
COMPRESSIon       Yes
include "*:\WINDOWS\system32\...\Logs\*.log" special
exclude "*:\Program Files\Artisoft\WinBEEP 32\Server Data\Fountain.pst"
MANAGEDSERVICES    WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE

Richard,

we use  'clientopt sets' for the include/inclexcl' I compared the
system's 'dsmc q inclexcl' with another and they are for the most part
the same.

Thanks
Tim

Laughlin, Lisa wrote:

There is a technote about an backup errors having to do with that reg key:

So far I've found the reg query reg add routine (remote from a command prompt)
to be straight forward-- I just run it as I am updating client code to 5.5.0.6.

thanks!
lisa