ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Why so many filling tapes?

2008-05-23 22:45:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] Why so many filling tapes?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 21:40:12 -0500
Our TSM system is eating tapes.

We have a very large number of "filling" tapes. I have sorted them by
collocation group, and some collocation groups have as many as 6 tapes
in "filling" status. We only have 4 tape drives, and we never migrate
with more than 2 drives per storage pool, so I cannot understand how we
wound up with more than 2 filling tapes per collocation group.

They are all in readwrite status. There have been no I/O errors that
could explain this.

I could accept 3, and call it one of those things, but 6?

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====