ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Possible to run multiple ACSLS servers with a single TSM AIX serve?

2008-05-20 09:59:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] Possible to run multiple ACSLS servers with a single TSM AIX serve?
From: "Mcnutt, Larry E." <larry.mcnutt AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:57:25 -0400
TSM Server 5.4.2.0 (3 library client instances, 2 library manager
instances)
AIX 5.3
STK L700 ACSLS library (current) - ACSLS server is a SUN workstation
STK SL8500 ACSLS library (future) - ACSLS server is an AIX lpar

Hello list,

We are planning to migrate from our current unshared L700 to our SL8500
(shared with our IBM mainframe).  We need to test with the SL8500 before
we actually put it in production.  We can only test the SL8500 library
with our production TSM server.  The problem is that it does not seem
possible to have a second ACSLS server with a single AIX server.  Can
anyone validate this restriction, or explain how to configure a second
ACSLS server?
I think there are third party products that will resolve the problem,
but we are would only be using this configuration for a short test
period.

Thanks in advance,

Larry McNutt
The Timken Company

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to
others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message,
and then delete it from your system. The Timken Company / The
Timken Corporation