ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] [OFFTOPIC] Announce online generator for LTO barcode labels

2008-05-17 12:15:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] [OFFTOPIC] Announce online generator for LTO barcode labels
From: Jerome Alet <alet AT LIBRELOGICIEL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:13:27 +0200
Hi there,

I'll have to use TSM in a few months, to entirely replace a Time
Navigator setup with dying LTO1 drives, that's why I've just
subscribed to this mailing list. My very first post is a bit off
topic, but maybe some of you will like it anyway :

We recently needed some LTO labels and I had some time to kill, so
with the help of IBM's documentation on LTO barcode labels, I wrote
a PDF generator for LTO barcode labels, which is freely available
online from :

        http://cgi.librelogiciel.com/labels/

You can generate either colored or B&W labels with it, and I hope
to be able to add other tape label formats in the near future. The B&W
labels were tested successfully in a StorageTek L80 LTO1 library,
unfortunately I didn't have the time to test other libraries or
the colored labels.

NB : this site contains google ads, so don't use it if you don't like
them.

Any comment is more than welcome.

bye

Jerome Alet