ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows

2008-05-07 14:38:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 20:37:28 +0200
Kelly Lipp wrote:
In this one case, Windows is better than all other operating systems...
If they did this for the others Windows would have know advantage.

Activate the Bill Gates shields...

actually....

TSM has had a journal engine for AIX since version 5.4 and I believe
that most other operating systems would support a journal engine in the
way that ms windows does. The difference is of course that filesystems
with unreasonable amounts of files are more common on windows than on
other OS-es (wonder why?).

Kelly Lipp
CTO
STORServer, Inc.