ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows

2008-05-07 14:14:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 12:13:07 -0600
Once you install the Journaling service, the TSM server will have to go
through one "old" backup of the host to get things started. This does
not mean a FULL backup, it just needs to do a regular incremental where
it must scan every item in the directory. So it means one more LONG
backup to complete and then it should keep track from then on.

It works great in cutting down backup times, however, sometimes the
journal gets "wacked" and the TSM client must do another normal
incremental to get synced up. So, once in a while, you may still get a
LONG running backup.

Ben