ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] delete backup directory

2008-05-06 13:17:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] delete backup directory
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 13:15:43 -0400
On May 6, 2008, at 12:38 PM, caldwem01 wrote:

I can delete files with dsmc> del backup,  but how do I delete the
parent diretory.  I don't see subdir as an option of del backup.
for instance we want to delete  the test subdir and all files in
there (/home/john/test).  what command would delete these backup
files and the test dir?
thanks

The Delete BAckup command has a -deltype option, where ALL is
documented as removing directories.
And -SUbdir is documented in the client manual as a supported option.

At the TSM Support Page, search on   "delete backup" directories
for more info.

   Richard Sims