ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?

2008-05-05 13:41:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 13:37:35 -0400
Hi Andrew,
      I have uninstalled TSM client 5.5 and reinstalled a lower version
5.4.2 and the DB2 worked wonderfully. I don't want to take a chance to deal
with the Apar issues, especially I don't have time to troubleshoot on a
production box. For any future upgrade of TSM client 5.5, I will avoid
putting 5.5 on a window 2003 box with DB2 on it. Thanks again.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
(860)862-8164
(cell) (860)961-6976

             Andrew Raibeck
             <storman AT US DOT IBM.C
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client
                                       causes the content of API folder
                                       disappear?
             05/03/2008 07:22
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi Avy,

My bigger concern is the APAR I cited... once you have resolved the rc 610
issue, you will run into that APAR, which will not make you happy. Hence
my recommendation to stay with 5.4.2 if possible.

I see you are not too far from my old stomping grounds, Colchester, CT.
:-)

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2008-05-03
07:27:42:

> Andrew,
>       Yes, I am currently working with IBM Support Erich Schnappauf to
try
> to resolve this. His said that a simple reboot to restart the DB2 will
> solve the problem, but my dba does not think so.
> We have an emergency reboot come monday at noon. If the emergency does
not
> work, we plan to uninstall 5,5 and reinstall 5.4.2. I will find out on
> Monday. Thanks.
>
> Avy Wong
> Business Continuity Administrator
> Mohegan Sun
> 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
> Uncasville, CT 06382
> (860)862-8164
> (cell) (860)961-6976
>

>              Andrew Raibeck
>              <storman AT US DOT IBM.C
>              OM> To
>              Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>              Dist Stor cc
>              Manager"
>              <[email protected] Subject
>              .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5
client
>                                        causes the content of API folder
>                                        disappear?
>              05/02/2008 10:25
>              PM
>

>              Please respond to
>              "ADSM: Dist Stor
>                  Manager"
>              <[email protected]
>                    .EDU>
>

> The return code 610 says that the message catalog (dscenu.txt) cannot be
> found. I suspect you have the DSMI_DIR environment variable configured
> point to the old location, so that is why the problem occurs.
>
> HAVING SAID THAT, you should be aware of a new APAR that was just
opened,
> IC56403 (text below). As the APAR text says, it can theoretically any
API