ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?

2008-05-02 22:26:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 19:25:28 -0700
The return code 610 says that the message catalog (dscenu.txt) cannot be
found. I suspect you have the DSMI_DIR environment variable configured to
point to the old location, so that is why the problem occurs.

HAVING SAID THAT, you should be aware of a new APAR that was just opened,
IC56403 (text below). As the APAR text says, it can theoretically any API
application, but so far we have only seen it with DB2 on Windows.

I strongly recommend using the 5.4.2 API for the time being unless you
must remain at 5.5 for some reason. If you must remain at 5.5, you should
open a PMR with IBM, cite this APAR, and ask for a workaround.

Best regards,

Andy

---------------------------
TSM API 5.5 ENHANCEMENTS CAN RESULT IN STACK OVERFLOW
Due to the introduction of enhancements at the TSM 5.5 client
code level, the stack requirements for the API increased. On
certain platforms, invocation of the API when the available
stack is constrained can result in a stack overflow and prevent
commonly with DB2 in the Windows environment but it may occur on
other platforms and with other software that uses the TSM API.
>From within DB2, the following may be observed in the
db2diag.log:

 2008-04-09-09.47.32.843000-240 I268081860H332 LEVEL: Error
 PID : 2568 TID : 3956 PROC : db2syscs.exe
 INSTANCE: DB2 NODE : 000
 FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, data protection, sqlpInitVendorDevice,
probe:1050
 RETCODE : ZRC=0x0000001E=30
 DIA8030C Invalid filename "" was specified.
 2008-04-18-11.37.55.235000-360 I12276H379         LEVEL: Error
 PID     : 232                  TID  : 3788        PROC :
db2syscs.exe
 INSTANCE: DB2                  NODE : 000
 FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, data protection, sqlpgArchiveLogFile,
probe:3160
 MESSAGE : Failed to archive log file S0000000.LOG to TSM chain
0 from
           D:\DB2\NODE0000\SQL00001\SQLOGDIR\ with rc = 30
SQL2079N with rc='30'

Additional Keywords: overflow rc=30 db2 SQL2079N SQL1224N TSMERP
mysap r3 win32 win64
---------------------------

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/01/2008
03:40:47 PM:

> Hello,
>       When upgrading TSM client to 5.5.0.4 causes the content of API
folder
> to disappear. This is a window 2003 standard edition. TDP is DB2.
> The upgrade is the typical install, but causes the DB2 have exit error.
>
> The problem we are seeing when we upgrade the TSM 5.5.0.4 client from
> 5.3.4.4 is that the new API does not work with the DB2 user exit
program.
> It functions well with the 5.3.4.4 client.  Once the upgrade completes
we
> start seeing the following errors when issuing the commands below:
>
> c:\> db2adutil query full
> Initialize environment failed to ADSM return code 610.
>
> c:\> db2 backup database toolsdb use tsm
> SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media
> "C:\program files\IBM\sqllib\bin\db2tsm.dll".  Reason code "610"
>
> I was told that I do not have to upgrade the TDP piece at the same time.
> How do you resolve this problem? I noticed the all the stuff inside the
API