ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] working with 2 libraries

2008-05-02 09:15:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] working with 2 libraries
From: Bob Levad <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:11:35 -0500
I've not tested the product, but Gresham Storage (www.gresham-storage.com)
sells something called Clareti Backup Virtualization which is supposed to
offer the look and feel of single large virtual library with multiple
smaller physical libraries on the backend.

I've also considered (but not implemented) a 1 devclass/1 stgpool model so
if a pool grows large, it can be easily moved, or if the DR site has
multiple libraries that are too small for all the offsite volumes, they
could be distributed.

I'm not sure if the 1 class/1 library is so deeply imbeded in the code that
it can't be changed, but I'd vote for having the capability.

Bob