ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?

2008-05-02 09:13:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?
From: Jerry Kube <Jerry_Kube AT CERIDIAN DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:10:05 -0500
We have had the same issue with the API Dir and DB2.  Support has a work
around, the fix hasn't gone through all the official tests but it's just
the API compiled without a couple of the enhancements made in 5.5
(enhancements that didn't affect the API anyway). Several customers have
used it with success, but like any diagnostic build, it's still at your
discretion to use. You will need to contact TSM support to get the fix.

Jerry R. Kube
Storage Analyst - Storage Team
IT Services
Ceridian Canada Ltd,
125 Garry Street
Winnipeg, Mb. R3C 3P2
Phone 204-975-5489
Fax 204-975-5997
E-Mail jerry_kube AT ceridian DOT ca

             Avy Wong
             <AWong@MOHEGANSUN
             .COM>                                                      To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client
                                       causes the content of API folder
                                       disappear?
             05/01/2008 05:50
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hello,
      When upgrading TSM client to 5.5.0.4 causes the content of API folder
to disappear. This is a window 2003 standard edition. TDP is DB2.
The upgrade is the typical install, but causes the DB2 have exit error.

The problem we are seeing when we upgrade the TSM 5.5.0.4 client from
5.3.4.4 is that the new API does not work with the DB2 user exit program.
It functions well with the 5.3.4.4 client.  Once the upgrade completes we
start seeing the following errors when issuing the commands below:

c:\> db2adutil query full
Initialize environment failed to ADSM return code 610.

c:\> db2 backup database toolsdb use tsm
SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media
"C:\program files\IBM\sqllib\bin\db2tsm.dll".  Reason code "610"

I was told that I do not have to upgrade the TDP piece at the same time.
How do you resolve this problem? I noticed the all the stuff inside the API
folder disappear. All that is left is dsm file. I do not see BIN, DLL,
icc32, INCLUDE, LIB, OBJ, SAMPRUN, SAmPSRC, apienu.dll, descenu.txt,
descenu.txt.bak2, dsierror.log, dsm.opt, dsmerror.log

Any idea?

I appreciate your help.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
(860)862-8164
(cell) (860)961-6976

This e-mail message and all attachments may contain privileged and confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should immediately stop reading this message.  Any
unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or
its attachments is strictly prohibited.  This message may not be copied or
distributed without this confidentiality notice.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify me immediately (by calling collect, if
necessary) and delete this message and all attachments from your system.  Thank
you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.