ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB Bufferpool sizing - continued

2008-04-29 09:37:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB Bufferpool sizing - continued
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:36:41 -0400
>> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:12:57 -0400, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT
>> EDU> said:

> All disk are internal.  We needed quantity vs speed (more for the LZ than
> DB) so we didn't have a choice (Dell) other than the big SATA drives
> (biggest SAS was around 300GB).

> Unfortunately (please correct me if I am wrong) there doesn't seem to be
> any really good, all inclusive system monitoring tools for Linux (I miss
> Omegamon!)

What do you think of nmon?  What aspects of linuxen do you want to
monitor, yet can't?

However much I like linux, (and it's "lots") I think that omegamon for
mainframes is probably going to be more detailed than products you'll
find for linux.  Omegamon's had decades of practice, with a single
stable platform, and big business motivations to get detailed.  The
data is increasingly _there_ for linux, but /proc is not a convenient
or pleasant interface.

- Allen S. Rout