ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Retain All Existing TSM Backup / Archive Data for 10Yrs

2008-04-28 15:51:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Retain All Existing TSM Backup / Archive Data for 10Yrs
From: TSTLTDTD <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:50:05 -0400
My question would be more in line with "Why would you keep data for 10 years?"
Does the mgmt not understand the liability associated with such a long
retention period? Ask Bill Gates about long term retention and the emails SUN
subpoenaed after 8 years.  I'll bet he wanted a doover on that one. Are they
willing to provide aditional resources to make this happen?