ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AIX Server upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4.3

2008-04-25 11:14:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] AIX Server upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4.3
From: Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:07:09 -0500
We recently upgraded our TSM server (running on AIX) from 5.3.5 to 5.4.3.
Since the upgrade, we have noticed a few of our Windows clients have
started to backup more data than usual.  Looking at the sched log with
quiet turned off, we can see TSM backing up files that have not been
changed/modified/updated/created in over a month.  We are not sure why TSM
is choosing to backup these files.  When looking through the TSM client
restore with active/inactive files, we can see several copies on the
server of what appears to be the exact same file.

We have not made any changes to the clients or any other changes to the
TSM server.  The windows boxes are running different versions of the
client - 5.4.0.2 and  5.4.1.2.

The servers are in different schedules, and there are other servers in the
schedules that aren't experiencing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas of what may be happening?

Thanks,
Shannon