ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How long should we keep volhist?

2008-04-25 08:22:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How long should we keep volhist?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:20:48 +0200
Quoting Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>:

On Apr 25, 2008, at 7:24 AM, Remco Post wrote:

Is this true? I know the volhist files are updated each time a
database backup is completed, but is it also updates for each time
a volume is added or deleted from a storagepool? ...

You're thinking that I just made that up?  :-)

Of course, you know me :)

Just take a look at your own volume history file, comparing the
"Updated" timestamp at the top of this report file against the most
recent entry, at the bottom.

Been there done that, you are right. Now, explain, why do we need a backup volhist command then? (Indeed the help for backup volhist also sais that all defined volhist backup files are updated each time the volhist changes). It seems to me that there is absolutely no need to ever run a backup volhist (apart from the fact that you maybe needed to do so in the past and never deleted the schedule).

   Richard Sims

--

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post, PLCS