ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Time to reclaim LTO tapes

2008-04-23 19:16:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Time to reclaim LTO tapes
From: Mark Scott <MScott AT BUNNINGS.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 07:15:06 +0800
We have reclamation set up to 70 using our LTO3 drives which only hold
Oracle data and usually consists of largeish files. They usually reclaim
faster due to higher transfer rates etc then LTO2 and LTO. It is one of
those how long is a piece of string questions depends on the variables
including the server.

We also run LTO4 on another site. As the price of LTO4 comes down I
would consider LTO4's over LTO3.

One to two occasionally three hours reclamation is complete.

I don't think LTO5 is that far away either