ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How long should we keep volhist?

2008-04-23 18:32:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How long should we keep volhist?
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:11:21 -0400
For STGNEW, STGDELETE, STGREUSE entries, there is no use for them once your
oldest DB backup has expired, but it's OK to keep them around longer.

Be careful though, clearing out the VOLHIST, if you occasionally create
BACKUPSET or EXPORT tapes - if you delete those VOLHIST entries, the volumes
will go back to scratch state and can get written over.