ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Copygroup setting

2008-04-22 13:30:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup Copygroup setting
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:29:16 -0400
Set Version Exists and Versions Deleted to no limit.  Set Retain versions and
Retain only to 1.  Delete the file from disk after 60 days.  The backup will go
away a day later.

>>> "Whitlock, Brett" <brett.whitlock AT COUNTRYFINANCIAL DOT COM> 4/22/2008
>>> 11:50 AM >>>
I have a SQL user who creates a nightly backup with an older version of
litespeed.  They only want to retain 60 days.  The problem is each
nightly backup has a unique date/time stamp.  Therefore TSM sees every
file as an active version.  Since each version is active I am just
keeping everything.  The files don't get deleted nor are  they triggered
to be inactive so I can't use the retain only or verdelete.  How do I
convince TSM, using the backup copygroup (not archive) to just keep a
file 60 days?
A newer version of litespeed allows SQL to use the archive copygroup.
However if I can make this work with the backup copygroup this will
defer testing and implementing.

We are on TSM 5.3.3 windows server.