ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] moving node to another domain

2008-04-22 08:41:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] moving node to another domain
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:40:07 +0200
Bjørn Nachtwey wrote:
> dear all,
>
> what happens if I move a node to another domain? Especially how does it
> work?

If you bind a node to a new policydomain, all existing data will be
retained according to the settings that apply to that data via the
management class in the new domain that applies to that data. The data
will not be moved from one storagepool to another, though. You will need
to associate your node with any client schedules in the new
policydomain, since schedule associations are lost.

> After testing It seems, the data backuped already stay in the old domain
> an vanishes as it expires and the new data will be stored in the new
> domain?

s/domain/storagepool/ correct

> And if some data will be restored they will be read in both domains as
> the data is partially "old" and "new"?

s/domains/storagepools/ correct

> so if only a few data remains in the old pool I should use MOVE NODEDATA
> and do an explicit BA STG for the primary tapepool to get a copy in the
> copy pool?

yes, this seems sensible, If you have for some reason the desire to keep
all the date of that one node in the same stgpool. (If you don't care,
just leave it where it is.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post, PLCS