ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Proper way to handle LTO2 drive replacement

2008-04-21 13:13:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Proper way to handle LTO2 drive replacement
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:12:20 -0400
Yes, it is x64 and no I do not have the second line.

So, what am I missing in the configuration process?  How do I tell it to
load that module?  Are both needed ?

Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
04/21/2008 12:28 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Proper way to handle LTO2 drive replacement

Is your Linux x64 one?

Mine is and my hba.conf
[root@tristan ~]# cat /etc/hba.conf
qla2xxx     /usr/lib/libqlsdm.so
qla2xxx64  /usr/lib64/libqlsdm.so

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT vcu DOT edu>
wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
>  I checked and SANDISCOVERY ON is set for the server that owns the
drives.

>  However, when I try to set the path to AUTODETECT YES, I get the error:
>
>  ANR1792W  HBAAPI vendor library failed to load or is missing.
>
>  Explanation: The HBAAPI vendor library failed to load or is missing.
This
>  HBAAPI library is provided by the Host Bus Adapter (HBA) vendor. It is
>  required for Tivoli Storage Manager server to discover devices on the
SAN.

>  Further info on IBM's site says to check the /etc/hba/conf file to see
>  what library/location it points to.  My system confirms the library is
>  where it is supposed to be.....
>
>  [root@galaxy lib]# cat /etc/hba.conf
>  qla2xxx          /usr/lib/libqlsdm.so
>  [root@galaxy lib]# ls -ltr /usr/lib/libqlsdm.so
>  -r-x------  1 root root 511892 Jun 26  2007 /usr/lib/libqlsdm.so
>
>  So, can someone with experience with SANs/qlogic and Linux give me a
clue
>  as to why I get this error message, when all seems to be as it is
supposed
>  to be?
>

>  Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
>  Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>  04/21/2008 09:49 AM
>  Please respond to
>  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

>  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>  cc
>
>  Subject
>  Re: [ADSM-L] Proper way to handle LTO2 drive replacement
>

>  Zoltan,
>
>  I haven't tried this on Linux.
>
>  But for a Windows or AIX TSM server you can add SANDISCOVERY ON in the
>  dsmserv.opt file.  You should also have the drives defined with
AUTODETECT
>  YES.
>  (Check to see if it is working by entering:  Q SAN)
>
>  Then TSM SHOULD update the path/serial # automatically when there is a
>  change.
>
>  (FWIW, this isn't an LTO2 issue; can occur with any type drive.)
>

>  On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT vcu DOT
> edu>
>  wrote:
>
>  > I seem to always have issues when replacing LTO2 drives (3583-L72
>  library)
>  > that fail and would like to know what folks do out there, to handle
it
>  > better than we do.
>  >
>  > I currently have two dead/failing LTO2 drives.
>  >
>  > When I pull one out and replace it with a spare, TSM wont use it and
TSM

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green