ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?

2008-04-18 13:59:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?
From: Jim Neal <jrneal AT BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:58:34 -0700
        I intend to very strongly recommend that they incorporate this
feature into the new code.  The licensing has now gotten so complex, that it
makes it very difficult to know whether or not you are in compliance and
exactly how many licenses are in use at any given time.  Right now you have
to purchase another piece of software just to keep track of the licenses.
This results in higher costs and a significant loss of productivity.  Not
exactly the reason most of us purchase software.

Jim Neal
Sr. TSM Administrator
IS&T Storage and Backup
jrneal AT berkeley DOT edu
(510) 643-7766

*  Note: The opinions expressed above are purely those of the author and may
or may not reflect those of the employer or organization from which this
email was sent.