ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?

2008-04-18 13:12:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:56:51 -0400
Well, on that note  I have a "possible stupid question" does anyone
think it's will be possible for a customer to have a choice of staying with
the current TSM database if they liked they way it is and still upgrade
to TSM V6?  Sorry I was just curious

Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:

Yeehaw? Are you really waiting for an DB2 database?
The TSM database is now very stable and hardly needs any attention. I'm
running quite a few product over here which are using a pre-defined DB2
database, but although IBM sells them as "install and forget" I have
never seen a DB2 database run for more that two weeks without manual
intervention...
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines