ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?

2008-04-16 13:17:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:14:52 -0400
I have been configuring a new TSM server since last November.  At first
I wanted a VTL.  But when I learned from the Oxford symposium
presentations
that TSM would have its own dedup in version 6,
and considering the cost of the vtl, I ditched it and ordered a lot more
of SATA arrays for less money.

I think in a few years after v6 is widely installed, VTL's won't look so
good
for TSM sites.  Assuming it all works of course.

your VTL vendor may just have been whistling past the graveyard.

Bill Colwell