ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Access Denied for PLUGINS directory during upgrade

2008-04-15 11:42:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] Access Denied for PLUGINS directory during upgrade
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:40:48 -0400
Windows2003 server installed with TSM client 5.4.1.6. Trying to upgrade to
5.4.2.0.

-          Stopped TSM service(s)

-          Ran the SETUP.EXE and took typical install

-          During the install received a message about the PLUGINS directory
being inaccessible. Setup stopped and now I have no TSm client installed.

Trying to access that directory through Explorer or even trying to CD to it
gives the access denied message. I'm signed on as  an admin. I just ran this
same upgrade on 3 other Win2003 domain controllers with no problems. I even
tried to rename the TSM directory to something else and re-run the install
as a fresh install, but I can't even do that.

I remember seeing this error in the past, but it's been too long and too
many other errors that I can't remember what we did to resolve the issue.

Any ideas?

Biill Boyer