ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re-Creating a ClientOption Set

2008-04-11 21:49:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re-Creating a ClientOption Set
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:41:31 +1000
I've struck this before Charles.  I think its a referential integrity
thing,   You get a similar issue when you move a node between domains and
the schedule associations are lost.

The way to do this is to DEL CLIENTOPT whatever INCLEXCL SEQ=ALL  and then
run DEF CLIENTOPT statements to recreate them as you wish. You could fiddle
with deleting and defining individual line numbers but I find that
error-prone and unsatisfactory.  I write macros to do this and implement a
backout for all my significant changes to option sets.  TSMMANAGER has a
Client option set editor that is good for small changes but you can
export/import using a file as well, and I use the export as the basis of my
macros to satisfy the change people.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin, Sydney Australia

             "Hart, Charles A"
             <charles_hart@UHC
             .COM>                                                      To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     [ADSM-L] Re-Creating a ClientOption
                                       Set

             12/04/2008 03:01
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

We are doing Server Side Incl/Excl's using Clopts.  There were
inconsistencies from TSM instance to instance so to have them consistent
we renamed the existing CLOPT "Intel" to Intel. Save", then deleted the
original "Intel" CLOPT , and then re-created the "Intel" CLOPT on the
Instances and noticed that the previous client associations to the
Original Intel CLOPT disappeared.  Is it possible that the renaming,
deleting re-creating of a CLOPT will disassociate node to that CLOPT,
even though it was re-created with the original clopt name?  I know that
the clients were associated with the Intel Clopt, but now they are
not....

Always finding new things about TSM even after 7yrs!

Thx!