ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Move TSM Database onto new location

2008-04-08 10:07:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Move TSM Database onto new location
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:06:14 -0400
William,

If you are happy with the size of the db volumes, simply create new
mirror volumes for your existing volumes.  Define the mirrors and once
the mirrors are in sync (q dbvol f=d), delete the original volumes.

Mahesh

>>> William Kyndt <William.Kyndt AT MILLER.CO DOT UK> 4/8/2008 05:00 >>>
Hi,

Due to performance issues we wish to move our TSM Database from a SATA
Drives Array onto a Fibre Drives Array. Both are setup and visible to
our TSM Server.

My question is, is it possible to halt TSM copy the database to it's
new location and update the TSM server with the new path for the
database or would we have to define new volumes and restore the database
onto the newly defined volumes?

Hope this makes sense.

Kind regards,

William

The Miller Group Limited û Registered in Scotland - SC018135

Miller Homes Limited û Registered in Scotland - SC255429

Miller Construction (UK) Limited û Registered in Scotland - SC209666

Miller Developments Limited û Registered in Scotland - SC178108

2 Lochside View
Edinburgh Park
Edinburgh
EH12 9DH

Disclaimer:
The Information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. It may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately on +44 (0) 870 336 5060
and delete the message from your computer: you may not copy or forward
it, or use or disclose its contents to any other person.

We do not accept any liability or responsibility for: (1) changes made
to this email after it was sent, or (2) viruses transmitted through this
email or any attachment.