ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] delete volhist

2008-04-04 08:51:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] delete volhist
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:50:35 -0400
If you don't delete the volhistory, it grows forever.

If you do a PREPARE command, or send your volhistory file offsite for DR, an
enormously large volhistory becomes a nuisance.

OTOH, if you create backupsets or EXPORT tapes, you don't want to do the
delete volhist with TYPE=ALL; that will get the export and backupset tapes
as well.

If the  current size of your volhist doesn't bother you, it's fine.