ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple Backup Streams with exchange.

2008-04-04 02:55:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple Backup Streams with exchange.
From: goc <gooooc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:47:57 +0200
maybe Resourceutilization parameter is what you need ?

//

On Apr 4, 2008, at 7:21, Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM> wrote:

I continue to find new corners of this product to explore - or maybe
its
grope blindly in the dark !

I have a customer with an exchange cluster TDP 5.3.3.1 backing up to
a Win
2k3 server running tsm 5.3.4.  Storage agents are installed on both
sides
of the cluster at 5.3.4.

Exchange backups work fine, but the mail store has grown and they are
spilling into the online day - there are 4 drives available, but
backups
only use one. Maxnummp for the node is set to 4.

I've been through the TDP for Exchange and Storage Agent manuals and
can
see nothing that addresses a number of parallel streams.  I've tried
searching but obviously haven't come up with the right set of
keywords.

Thanks

Steve

Steven Harris