ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Improving TSM performance - memory related setting

2008-04-03 22:07:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Improving TSM performance - memory related setting
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:05:24 -0700
Paul Dudley wrote:
If I recall correctly there is a TSM system setting that relates to the
memory available on the server, and you can check and adjust this
setting to improve performance of your TSM server.

Can anyone remind me which setting it is?

Are you thinking of BUFPOOLSIZE and LOGPOOLSIZE? The former controls the
size of the database buffer pool (bounded only by the physical memory of
the machine), and the latter the size of the temporary transaction space
in the recovery log (up to 8192 pages IIRC).

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354