ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] how to tell how my DB is being backed up

2008-04-01 10:38:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] how to tell how my DB is being backed up
From: Damon Jongbloed <dwjongbloed AT J-OTS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:36:18 -0500
Thanks for the help - I couldn't remember the q sched t=a stuff.

I found the schedule that it is using now I'm just having trouble finding
the acutal scripting that it is using to do the back up

Damon Jongbloed
Associate Database Administrator
Jennie-O Turkey Store

             "Choudarapu,
             Ramakrishna
             (GTI)"                                                     To
             <Ramakrishna_Chou         ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

             darapu AT ML DOT COM>
cc
             Sent by: "ADSM:
             Dist Stor                                             Subject
             Manager"                  Re: [ADSM-L] how to tell how my DB
             <[email protected]         is being backed up
             .EDU>

             04/01/2008 09:20
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

DB backup is normally done using admin schedules. Check with Q SCHED T=A
F=D, you may find an admin sched which runs BACKUP DB command.
Q VOLHIST T=DBB will display the database backup volumes.
Q DB F=D will indicate when the last backup of DB was taken and how much
of DB was changes since the last backup.