ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Deleting and Adding nodes.

2008-04-01 03:18:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Deleting and Adding nodes.
From: Jeff White <Jeff.White AT WOOLWORTHS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:17:01 +0100
Our policy is to move the 'old' node to another domain, which in our
case is called 'REDUNDANT'. Therefore i know which of the servers have
been decommissioned as they are all in this domain. It also depends on
your sites' retention policies, but i have the redundant domain to
remove data after 180 days.

But our other reason for doing this is that I run a query every morning,
against filespaces (in production domains which i expected to backup)
that have not had a successful backup-end in the last 24 hours. If i
leave the decommissioned servers in a production domain, it reports
those filespaces as not backed up, which is misleading.

Jeff