ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Testing lanfree backups with storage agent...

2008-03-24 16:38:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Testing lanfree backups with storage agent...
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:37:14 -0400
I just ran into a similar problem.  It was the first time I dealt with
paths on a windows machine.
My problem was that I rebooted a couple times after the initial "define
path" and never set up persistent bindings.

You can either try and get SAN Discovery working, or set up persistent
bindings on your HBA driver.

Then work out the serial number/path mapping

-Shawn

Shawn Drew
Data Protection Engineer
Core IT Production
BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.

Internet
Chip.Bell AT BHSALA DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
03/24/2008 02:37 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Testing lanfree backups with storage agent...

Receiving the infamous anr8779e with error number 123. I don't get any
hits
on 123 on the net, unless I'm missing something. Has anyone seen this
before?
Thanks!

Mar 24, 2008 1:18:20 PM

ANR8779E Unable to open drive mt2.3.0.1, error number=123. (SESSION:
158277)

Mar 24, 2008 1:18:21 PM

ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume V00590 - mount failed. (SESSION:
158277)

Mar 24, 2008 1:18:21 PM

ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 158285 for node BHSVCB1 (WinNT) -
internal server error detected. (SESSION: 158285)

God bless you!!!

Chip Bell
Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional
Baptist Health System
Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this email message is privileged
andconfidential information and intended only for the use of theindividual
or entity named in the address. If you are not theintended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination,distribution, or copying of
this information is strictlyprohibited. If you received this information
in error, pleasenotify the sender and delete this information from your
computerand retain no copies of any of this information.

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.