ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Off-topic: AIX p520 question

2008-03-24 01:08:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Off-topic: AIX p520 question
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 00:07:41 -0500
.
Hook up your serial device (laptop...) and then boot the Install CD or
DVD to gain control of this system. You'll wind up in a limited shell
where you should be able to patch up the appropriate files. The
procedure is documented by IBM under the topic, "What to do if you lose
the root password on AIX" or something like that.