ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SystemExcludeCache files question

2008-03-19 03:13:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] SystemExcludeCache files question
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:12:43 +0200
HI to all

I install the new client version for Windows 5.5.0.4  on a server Windows 2003
and after testing a backup I remarked that under the folder adsm.sys I got a
lot of files like:

SystemExcludeCache__08985180.TsmCacheDB

SystemExcludeCache__03885120.TsmCacheDB

SystemExcludeCache__05378190.TsmCacheDB

…..

….

….

All this files took around 4.5 GB  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first question is why so
much space and if TSM didn't delete them after finishing the backup ????

Can I delete those files manually ???? What the best option to use if I backup
too the systemstate and an image online , the VSS or the LSVA option  or none
????

Regards

Robert Ouzen