ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backed up nodes

2008-03-15 20:15:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backed up nodes
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:13:54 -0400
I think Avy's question should be rephrased to "Which nodes are currently
scheduled to be backed up?"  (Avy, correct me if I'm wrong)
In which case the select statement should be against the associations
table.

Shawn Drew
Data Protection Engineer
Core IT Production
BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.

Internet
rbs AT BU DOT EDU

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
03/15/2008 03:04 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] backed up nodes

On Mar 15, 2008, at 2:36 PM, Roger Deschner wrote:

> That occupancy table can be REALLY slow to process if your system
> is at
> all large. I prefer to search the summary table which is fast, even
> with
> my 275gb database.

Roger - Are you thinking of the Contents table?

I have a large system, and it takes about 3 seconds to get results
from that Select of the Occupancy table.  It takes about 20 times
longer to go through the Summary table, where the retention is 30 days.

Richard Sims

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.