ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange Surgery - Help needed.

2008-03-14 08:29:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange Surgery - Help needed.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:27:02 -0400
On Mar 14, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Steven Harris wrote:

...Is there any way around this? or can API -created files only be
deleted by
the API?

There is very limited interoperability between the TSM API (upon
which the TDPs are based) and the standard Backup-Archive client -
and within the B/A client, only the CLI provides what
interoperability there is.  Chapter 4 of the API manual summarizes
what cross-pollination exists.  From my experimentation with the API,
I know there isn't much.

I'll defer to List participants having Exchange TDP experience to
advise on techniques they have found to deal with your challenge
(without writing an API applet).

   Richard Sims    Sr. Systems Programmer
                   Boston University Office of Information Technology