ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AW: Interesting problem in MS-Win restoer -- anyone seen something like this before?

2008-03-12 20:40:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AW: Interesting problem in MS-Win restoer -- anyone seen something like this before?
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:38:03 -0400
Good point - I assume a tape error (one of those cases where TSM is doing
lots and lots of retries to read the same marginal tape) would show the
session in RUN state, not in SENDW.

I've seen this issue before when the client wasn't set to full duplex, but
then you wouldn't have gotten your 206 GB file restored.  Same with the TCP
Chimney Offload issue (and I think that is only for Win2K3 SP2).

So:  what is different about the 36GB file vs. the 206 GB file!??  Is the
output destination on the same physical drive?