ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] how to trace file restoration ?

2008-03-12 07:01:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] how to trace file restoration ?
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:00:11 +0100
Hi Marc,

There are two ways to have some informations.

For pre-5.5 servers, you can use the REPORTRETRIEVE server option (dsmserv.opt) which reports to ACTLOG. Look at the Administrator's Reference about that.

With 5.5 clients, you can try the new AUDITLOGGING client option wich reports to files (client side).

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON

Marc REYNES wrote:
Hi,

I need to trace file restoration for security need.

I wouldn't like my users to be aware of that - In a first solution, Is
there any way to know which data has been restored on the server side?

I'ld like to provide my users with dsmj. However dsmj doesn't produce
any trace as the dsmc output does.
It creates an empty dsmj.log completly useless for me - even with a
'-verbose' option.
I thought about a schedule cmd taken a filelist as argument but it's not
very user-friendly (he must know what he can restore..).
The dsmc client doesn't trace in a file what he does (as dsmj) - it only
outputs in stdout.

Has one found a solution for this kind of need ?

Thanks for you
Regards

Mrs.

Ce message ne contient aucun virus connu. http://www.astaro.fr