ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] sql server restore to different server

2008-03-07 22:10:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] sql server restore to different server
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 19:09:09 -0800
No replies on the first post so let's try this. We have NT4 back up on a
box running sqlserver but the guy did not name the sql server the name
it was backing up under. My guess is this is why we are seeing nothing
looking to restore the db's. Having never done this, how can I restore a
database backed up on a sql server, call it server 1, to server2? So far
my attempts at trying to use the tdpsql.cfg for this, which is where the
from and to options are, have not worked.

Thanks for any quick and easy help anyone can supply. In the mean time I
also asked the person who made this to change the name of the sqlserver
to the old name it was backed up under to hopefully solve the problem
quicker.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator